Job Title: Assistant Editor
Reports to: Editor
Location: Kansas City, Mo.
Full Time; 37.5 hours; Monday-Friday
The Assistant Editor collaborates with the Editor to write and edit articles and news stories that appear in the print editions, e-newsletters and other e-media related content for four B2B and association magazines.
- Assist in editing, proofing and writing short departments
- Write features that appear in the news and features sections of the print editions by conducting interviews and acquiring art.
- Help coordinate the art/production stage of the print edition, including tracking assigned articles, editing and proof-reading pages.
- Assist editor by providing material for web, including but not limited to, news items, articles, tradeshow reviews and photo galleries.
- Follow up on requests from readers and vendors for PDFs or extra issues
- Assist with marketing, circulation, webinars and special issues
- Assist with tracking materials for production, including ads, photographs and copy
Education, experience and skills:
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 816.472.7765.